Orange Slime Mold

by | Mar 11, 2021 | Articles, Newsletters | 0 comments

Orange slime mold is a not so common phenomenon. Sometimes the stars align and conditions are perfect for you to get slime mold. While it can look terrifying and even a little off-putting, slime mold is not actually harmful to the tree. In this case, the tree received some sort of injury. The sap from the tree is full of carbohydrates and sugars. When the sap begins to weep out of the injury, bacteria can sometimes get in there and feed on the carbs and sugars. This is an environment that bacteria absolutely thrive in. While it is unsightly, there isn’t really anything that needs to be done for slime molds. As the temperatures rise, it will eventually dry up. Although it may leave a temporary orange tint on the tree. If you guys have any questions about orange slime molds, let us know!

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Estimate Request

Please fill out the required fields






Address Line 1

Address Line 2



Lawn Fertilization and Weed Control
Tree and Plant Healthcare
Landscape Maintenance
Irrigation Installation/Repair
Pest Control
Termite Inspection and Prevention
Christmas Lights

Type the characters you see in this image.
Submit